Skip to main content

Another day...

I'm so glad the sun is out! It just makes you feel happy! Shelby slept from 6pm-3:15am. I changed her diaper, fed her, and did her neb treatment and she went back to sleep from 4am-7:40am. Brady is still feeling sick. He has this never ending cough and a slight fever. I felt bad last night, because his cough was actually like raking on my nerves! And he can't help it!! But he did sleep through the night this time, so that must be a good sign! Halle's fine, just a runny nose now mostly. I swear, all I'm doing all day is chasing kids around to wipe noses and change diapers! Gotta love it!

I told my sister the other night, "Can't you wait? (with a giggle)" She said, "Well....!" I laughed because this part of parenthood is like 3% of the yuck when there is 97% of pure AWESOMENESS! (I know awesomeness is not a word, but I like it). She is starting her little baby bump though, and I think it is starting to become more real for all of us! I can't wait to hold and kiss that little baby!! Spoiled rotten here I come!

Speaking of which, she did something a few weeks ago that inspired me, (yep Courtney, I'm gonna blab, I'll ask for forgiveness now), I have to tell because it made me feel so wonderful and totally changed my attitude around and I had that "AHA" moment about all the things Jesus is trying to teach me right now.

So it was Saturday and Tom came to relieve me from the hospital so I could go play with the kids and take a shower and have a nap. But first, I needed a treat from Taco John's. (I haven't ate there in like a year!) I was thinking of Shelby, ordered and at the window while I was getting my stuff, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw a mom reaching back in her vehicle to do something with her kids, and it just popped in my head. The "Drive Thru Difference" that I have heard on KTIS, and that my sister did a few weeks back. So I got my food and then I plunged in. "Umm, excuse me, but could I pay for the people behind me?" Clerk, "Ummm, yeaah?! (quizzical look, and then huge grin).
"ok, how much?" She tells me and I pay, the whole time this young teenager has the funniest, most priceless goofy grin on her face, I wish I had a camera.
So I tell her to have a nice day, and peel out of there, yes, almost hitting a car which would have totally defeated my good deed for the day. But I didn't. But I probably scared the poop out of that car. Oh well.

Anyway. I had so much joy in my heart the whole rest of the day!! It felt so good to something for someone else. I daydreamed about their look of surprise and how good that it might have made them feel the rest of their day. If that made me feel so good, it had to make their day! I sure hope so! I wasn't going to say anything, but if you have not done it, WOW, it makes you feel so good! It is totally following along with all of the things we've been learning in church and our small group and about Jesus's teachings. How good it feels to be selfless, think of others, love others, and give when you have none to give. When I have been feeling a little down the past few days, I think of the TJ's cashier and the family behind me. And how good it felt to do something for others. Yes it was a small sacrifice to some, but to us it was big. I thought I might feel guilty for using our money in that way, but I didn't. Not at all. I felt on top of the world great. I had a huge revelation of God's love for us, and I would not trade that moment for all the world. It made my stay at the hospital even more precious, I can't explain why.

So, if you want to feel exhilirated in God's love, TRY it! And tell me how you felt! I'm telling you, you will feel AMAZING!

Here's the link for what sparked the moment. They usually do it on a certain day, but everyday is the right day in my mind!!

http://ktis.nwc.edu/article.php?id=5701&cid=6

So go out today and make it a great day for you and someone else!!

Comments

Awesome megan. Just a hint...do it with your children in the car...and explain to them what you are doing. It is amazing the questions they will come up with. When we have done it, the children ask so many inquisitive questions. Things I didn't think they could "piece" together...and every time the questions are different! How amazing.
Ehlan said…
Finally I get time to comment!! I'm glad you guys are home and on the mend; I sure hope Shelby stays healthy and Brady gets healthy too! You guys have had the run of it! I'm so proud of you for staying so positive. That is so great! I think of you often when I am thinking negatively about life; you are inspiring! :) And good for you for doing the Drive thru difference--I have always wanted to, but I so rarely go through the drive thru! I think I just need to get some fast food! :)

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund