Skip to main content

What a Weekend!


I must say that this last weekend was by far one of the busiest that I have encountered in a long time. It was Brady's Party weekend and I was super excited. But, let's recap the days...

FRIDAY: Friday we all had doctor appointments. Brady and Halle had theirs schedules at 11:20 am and 11:40 am. We were running a little behind schedule, but not bad until I heard a knock on the bathroom door (I was trying to fit in a shower, silly me). Brady was crying and you know, the kind where they can't make a complete sentence. "I....money...tummy..." Me, "What?? You swallowed money?" Brady, "Yeaaaah uggh ahh awwwww...."

So, I calmly said, "Ok, well, we're going to the doctor soon anyway, she'll make it better for you sweetie. Now mommy has to finish her shower, do you want to take a bath while you're in here?" Brady, "Yeaaah." So, I finished, hopped out and let my son take a bath, which cured the crying. Halle had been taking her morning nap at the time. So, I got ready, got Brady out of the tub, dried up, and clothed. Then I needed to get Halle out of bed and get them both ready to leave for the doctor. We arrived 10 minutes late. And what might you ask were the first words out of the receptionists mouth? " You know we did have you scheduled for 11:20 am." And with a smile on my face I replied, " Yep!"

So THEN, the nurses came out. Yes, two nurses. Their usually nurse said, "Ok, let's get moving, I'm taking Brady and (Nurse #2) you take the baby in the other room." Ok, first, shouldn't you ask me if you can take my 3 year old son in another room?? And secondly, my baby is now a year old and not a baby...use your words nurse, use your words...

The nurse I had with Halloran was fine, although I felt like we were sprinting to the weighing table and back. I know I'm getting big, but I really shouldn't have been out of breath from walking 20 feet or so. Then the other nurse finally blesses me with her presence and generously offers me my son back. And THEN, she says, "You know, you really need to be on time to these things, otherwise she (the doctor) just sits there. NOW, for those of you blessed with children and multiple doctor appointments, you know just as well as I do one thing about going to the doctor with your children...THEY (doc.) are never on time. One time at Halle's 5 day check up, I waited in the waiting room for 15 minutes (I was early), and then, they literally forgot about me in the exam room. The nurse had already been in there, we had weighed her and measured her (which consists of taking off their clothes) and then she said, "The doctor will be right in to see you..." Not kidding, I had to go ask where she was 20 minutes later, to only find out they had forgotten about me and my naked 5 day old baby. Since that day, I have joked to my husband about how I should stop getting their early, what's the point?

Well, this is what happened, I get lectured. I thought of all of the previous appointments of waiting, waiting and waiting. I started tearing up, and thought, "Pull yourself together girl!" So I was going to make a very eloquent reply back, but I knew I would start to cry, and both of my children were there. I knew if I cried, Brady would start to say, "Momma, why you crying?" Which would make me have to explain and, well, you know. So instead I said nothing and the nurse continued very rapidly, asking me Brady's 3 Year questions of growth.

I was ticked the rest of the day, until I went to see my midwife. She's never late, and I needed some comic relief. The funny ironic thing is, she was a little late to see me! But I didn't care, I took a little cat nap! Then she let me unleash about my day, she talked about hers and I left after hearing my beautiful baby's heart beat. Just what I needed. Then I went grocery shopping for Brady's big day and went home and put it all away.

Sat. and Sun. consisted of Brady's party at the Country Inn which was fantastic. We had just enough pizza (one pizza left out of 12) and cake left too! We stayed there and swam all night after everyone left. My mom came and picked Halle up when she was ready for bed and took her back to our house. Brady, who we thought would crash, woke up 6 times during the night, but finally slept a good 3 1/2 hours solid the latter part of the morning.

Sun. I was exhausted, missed Church, but then Tom made a fabulous dinner for me and the kids and his mom! Then we watched the Bee Movie that he had got. Tom fell asleep.

I hit the same spot on my funny bone like 8 times this weekend.

Mon. went to ECFE.

And what the heck is with the snow.

Today I have a stomach ache and am at work....yipeee.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good recap...what a weekend! I could totally HEAR you saying all of that :) So who is your midwife? I used to nanny for the Hovinens - that's why I ask...I love them!

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a