Skip to main content

Right now...

Right now I am feeling more like myself than I have in the last couple of days. The last couple of days I have felt like I had just been wandering in around in an empty body. I'm not sure why. I did have a stomach ache, which returned this morning, and that has made me feel, obviously, sick and not myself. But there is something else, and I cannot pinpoint it. I can get this way when we've missed going to church the previous Sunday, which did happen, and I've noticed that when I've been praying I feel like I just want to get it over with. Weird.'

Right now though, I feel as though, maybe, I am clearing the path back to myself. Although I know I won't be able to fully get there until I have figured out exactly what my roadblocks are. The weird thing is, is that I am at work which is an odd place to start the journey back. Work has always seemed like one of my road blocks to my ultimate happiness. I have a good, flexible job. Though it is not what I want to be doing. I know someday I will be able to do what I really want and that is what gets me through.

Right now, I feel better than this morning because I have no idea how I got from home to work. I left my driveway and then all of a sudden I was at my destination. It was creepy. But right now, I feel good. Except I don't won't to be working, but instead having a cup of coffee and someone to talk to. That would be good, right now.

Right now, I think I will say a prayer: Dear Jesus, please continue to remind me throughout my day that I have a lot to be thankful for and many things to be happy about. Thank you for my children. Thank you for my friends and beautiful family that support me. Continue to instill in me virtues of patience, kindness, love, forgiveness, grace and mercy each and everyday and to praise You in all that I do. Amen.

Comments

Miss said…
Megan...I am curious about your post. I dont know I totally understand, but I feel the heaviness in your words. Are you ok?
Anonymous said…
I wish I could be skipping work and having coffee with you too...sigh. My dream life - having coffee dates with friends and talking about life!

You also said your (even though your job is great and flexible) that someday you'll get to do what you really want to do. Sooo, what do you want to do? Details!

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a