Skip to main content

What to say

I am having an emotional morning, hormones I am assuming. I left for work and Brady started crying, I hugged him and he wouldn't let go, and I did not want to let go either. I've been late to work for the past 6 times I've had to come in, not by my own account...and that is totally frustrating. Then to top it off, my desk is bombarded with little yellow sticky notes, "Megan you are going here today....Megan, can you get this file out for me....Megan re-schedule our appointment for Wed. to Thurs..." I am totally irritated. The client I am now scheduled to see today that I did not have on my schedule before, is one that is my most challenging and the one I have the least amount of patience for. I can see her wheels turning each time I go in, on how to control her environment by being the nastiest, loudest and rudest client I have dealth with in a long time. I try to think of her past, take in to consideration her disability, but it's just not working.

Seriously, everytime I know I have to go see her, my eyes well up with tears and my heart starts pounding.

Then I read someones blog and totally disheartened me as it has done before. I've even restricted myself at one time due to it's depressive conotations. It left me feeling bad about myself and what I am able to do. It also made me feel bad for others and how they may feel. We all have tragedy in our life, whether it is fair, that is not for us to judge. Things happen to us in life that we never thought should happen to us, that we were not prepared for, and that we sometimes cannot let go of. When my brother died, it was very hard to process why this had happened. I did not lean on God as I should have, instead as I got older, I blocked him out further. After my parent's divorced, I colored my hair, tried to be "cool" but it did not work out for me, and instead I found comfort in drugs, boyfriend, and alcohol. (still amazed though that I kept a 3.8 gpa)

Then after going to be a summer staff at Castaway after my freshman year of college, my life all came together. It has not by any means been perfect, but I learned this. Things in life, whatever they may be, whatever obstacle we have to endure, DOES happen for some particular reason. If you would have told me then, that Jason's death happened for a reason, I probably would have slapped you. But it did. Do I miss him most ardently every day? YES. But he is with Jesus and for that I find comfort. But for people who drag things out with their obstacle day after day after day....I feel very sorry for them.

Granted, I drug mine out a long time, but to make others feel bad along with you is not a reasonable thing to do. To tell them to "watch what you are talking about in public about their life, their story, to make others feel frightened of your reaction, to fear a friend....it makes me so very sad. If these feelings happened for a grieving period of time, I would understand, but to continue the heartache only hurts yourself, friends, family and God. In the book Eat, Pray Love, she says something that makes sense..., "You were always coming." Meaning, you were always going through what you are going through, no matter if in hindsight you thought you could change it, or make it different, you were always coming. God has always had our plan laid out for us. Jason was always meant to be on that lake in December. I was always going to go through my struggles.

But then, I was always meant to find Jesus. My prayer for today is that Lord, for those who are broken, and cannot see your plan, give them peace. Give them excitement and joy in their soul that you love them, and let them be a beacon of light to those around them, so that they too, can shed the same light forward.
Lord, I pray that you can let us all have peace, that no matter what, you are there to walk the road with us, with whatever obstacle lies ahead, for your son Jesus, chose the biggest obstacle any of us could ever imagine, ever endure.
Thank you Jesus for your Love, and may we all be reminded of this love during our darkest moments. Make our darkness, light.
In Jesus name
Amen

Comments

Ehlan said…
Strength, prayers, and hugs for you today. :) You are a blessing!
Miss said…
wonderfully written@ Thanks for sharing such a personal side of your life with us!
Anonymous said…
I love to hear your heart! I could just keep reading...thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a