Skip to main content

Feeling blah today!

Just a funk. Yep, I said Funk. Ha! Anyway, I kind of want a night away, (which of then I feel bad that I feel like I need a break, but I do) but this weekend there are like no babysitters to watch the kids! Which is fine, but I really feel like it would be great to get out! It doesn't help that it's rodeo weekend (and that is not even what I want to go to), and so everyone is facebooking "going out tonight" , "can't wait, it's going to be a fun night" and so on and so forth. When I know I will be in bed by 9:30pm!

So I decided to have a pity party for myself and blog about my self...pity. But then the other question that always spurs in my head then is how do a lot of moms I know always seem to get away...a lot? Some just get to go, and leave the kids with dad, which is normal and awesome because kids need to spend more time with dad. But Tom just isn't...well..as flexible with that maybe? I don't know, he'll do it, for sure. But I just don't feel like I can be like, "Well, see ya, I'm going..." this day, and then the next day, and a few days later. But some moms do. And then there are some who always have grandparents watching their kids to go out. And then there are some that go out a lot, but I have no idea how they pull it off? Divorce? Older kids?

Anyway, I think it's weird how I want to go out really bad, but I don't much, because I feel bad leaving the kids. Is that weird, or sound confusing? And I don't even want to go out to do the things that I used to like clubbing, or the bar. Sometimes, I just want to go sit at the movies by myself or the coffee shop and read a book. Wow...that sounds dreamy right now!

So...there was my rant. I'm just feeling very "stuck" at the moment. I know I'll feel better about it soon, but right now, it's just how I feel.

Comments

OH megan...sounds like an internal argument/discussion I have day in and day out sometimes. I am pathetic...I mean...I take my children everywhere and rarely leave them. Scott and I go out so rarely that I can't even remember the last time. We do NOT hire sitters. We don't even have any for "in case". IF we go out...we have to arrange my parents or sisters...and they are all super busy..so it's tough. Also..Scott's schedule is also NOT flexible. He can't just get off early or be home at a certain time...he HAS to work. Especially with jobs the way they are righ tnow I wouldn't even dream of asking him to take a day off or bug out early.
But...ya know...what I hear God whisper to me in these times of frustration? My self-pity is more about me than anything. I am wallowing because I want to. He can provide the "rest" if I allow Him to and a time away will come (just maybe not as soon as I might like). And comparing...oh the junky things comparing ourselves does! I have been so convicted over the years about this...and there are just some people I cannot even discuss certain things with becuase I feel competition happening.
Stick with it...my feelings may not apply to you...but I guess all that to say " you are not alone" in your feelings.
Megan Marie said…
Thanks Alicia! Said very well...thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a