Skip to main content

So my day

started out good actually. I woke up before the kids did, which is always amazing and unexpected! I got Tom situated back in bed (he slept on the couch because he was not feeling well). Then I made a pot of coffee...speaking of which, I am trying to switch to tea, but man oh man is it hard, some days I just want COFFEE!..., and I got halfways ready for the day (I'm still in pajamas but I have contacts in and makeup half on) and then the kids woke up, Brady and Halloran first. Still, so far so good. We ate breakfast and then Shelby woke up, with a smile. Until. Until I opened her diaper and tried to wipe the poop off. Cue screaming.

And then I noticed how much larger sore/wound had become. And then the bleeding started, the whole while she is just screaming her little lungs out...her hands even turned purple, Cue Mom freaking out..., so I gooped on her antibiotic cream and the desitin as she tried so very hard to settle down. Then I nursed her and put her in her saucer while I tried getting some things done. Then she pooped. Then it was strip her down and rinse her off in the sink and then let her soak in the sink.

Then the decision to NOT give her antibiotics anymore was decided by myself, which then started the phone calls to mom, a friend, and the chiropractor. Which then started the making of a homeopathic remedy for her ears which consisted of 2 tb. olive oil and 3 cloves garlic, heating for 20 minutes. During this time, Shelby is still soaking in the sink with her brother and sister helping me (don't worry, I was next to her the whole time, but yes, a little preoccupied) which then leads to a scream from Shelby, and not for the reason I thought.

Her dear siblings thought they would "help" me out by washing her up, which for some reason to them meant, "Hmmm, let's put the burt bee's soap and wash her eyeballs!" So ok, I'm sure that's not what they really thought, and yes, they were trying to wash her hair and stuff, but let's just say that a majority of the soap made it in to her eyes.

So, more screaming.

So I got her out, gooped up her butt again, and held her as she continues to cry.

Then the rest of the morning was spent finishing the ear drop oil, feeding her, putting in the ear drops, putting her down for a nap, cleaning the kitchen, dealing with the other children's needs, finally calling my sister because I had to something normal and talk to someone, and then making lunch for the kids...so then more cleaning up. Oh, still in my pajamas.

And that was my morning.

Comments

Unknown said…
oh Megan! I'm so sorry. I was hoping after talking last night that she was heading towards healing. Your morning doesn't sound great but the way you wrote made me smile. If only because I'VE BEEN THERE! Praying for you today!
Mandy
Jazzy said…
Hey, I know that ear candles work GREAT for ear infections. The only hard part is trying to do that to an 8 month old. Do you think you could candle her while she sleeps? They are WAY cheap at the co-op, like 2.50 a candle. It's might at least be worth a try. I wish I had a natural remedy to offer for her little bum. Poor girl:( I totally agree with warm tub soaks, like sitz baths for post partum moms. That probably helps soothe her little bum a lot.
We'll keep her in our prayers for some quick healing!
Anonymous said…
Oh Megs! (that's really all I can say!!!) One day (soon, I hope!) this will ALL BE BEHIND YOU!!!

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund