Skip to main content

The best workout ever...

So, since I quit my job and decided to stay at home, I've been getting a little stir crazy. So I hit up my step dad for a favor.
Please, oh please, let me waitress a few nights a month (this is a dramatization, I did not beg, I asked politely). Anyway, so I've waitressed a couple Saturday nights at the Brass Rail in Grandy-another sidenote, my Stepdad is co-owner-, and MAN OH MAN, what a workout! I am completely sore, and when I am done at the end of the night, I feel like I could just fall right over! Holy Canoli! Who would've thought?!
I have to admit, waitressing is a lot harder than what it looks. I'll take working with the mentally ill population over waitressing, hands down, but it is a great way for me to get out a night or two here and there, and make some great money, and talk with a lot of adults. So, keep your fingers crossed that I can get in to the swing of it, and get better and better at it, so that I can really enjoy, and not stress out that I am doing a poor job. I have to admit, I bet I look hilarious running around like a chicken with my head cut off!!

Other than that, I love being at home! I love my life right now and I am looking forward to every new challenge that comes along! I've been going to guitar lessons, and that has been a good outlet for me to find a part of myself and to have some "me" time, even if it's only getting out an hour every week! But I love it!

I also started up another passion of mine again, writing! I think that will be a great way for me to reconnect with myself, and figure out if that is something I can really do well.

So, not much else is going on, but I am going to make an honest attempt to write here more with my friends, I miss you guys and reading up on how life is going with you, and I love running in to some of you from time to time!!

G0d Bless!

Comments

Anne said…
Chad and I love going to the Brass Rail, but the other waitress...the older lady...is really rude to us. We had horrible service. :( We'll have to come sometime when you're working. Let me know!
Anonymous said…
I can just picture you running around there like a chicken with your head cut off - ha ha...Waitressing is EXHAUSTING, you are so right. It feels lame to be so sore and tired after it, but its like every little piece of you is involved non-stop! I'm loving this life of yours though Meg - how cool that you are pursuing things you love (writing, guitar, etc...) Inspiring! :)
Ehlan said…
Yea, glad to hear from you again! Sounds like you are taking amazing care of not only your children, but yourself! That is wonderful!! Hope your week is marvelous!

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund