Skip to main content

Thinking Positive...still hard..still pluggin' away

So today I find it challenging to be on my "diet" of thinking only positive thoughts. My mom was late to watch the kids as usual, with a typical excuse. Halloran is not sleeping well (I think it's her teeth), and she was up at 6:15 am when I am trying to get ready for work. Then at work they are still putting me in with clients all over kingdom come, and it makes me nervous to be working with the clients directly when I'm getting so big, and also, I do not want to be far away if I go in to labor.
*My thinking positively book would say I should not say things like "I do not want..." because it attracts the things I do not want, instead I should say "I want to stay in the office more..."*

Anyway.

So, I still try to remain positve, and usually on my way to work I'll blast my music (which the baby loves), and get happy. Well. I did not have my favorite cd, the radio stations were all talk, and my other cd with "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" on it, was just not doing the trick. But, I have not broke down yet, I feel good, and the day is going by fast!

The other real big challenge I was nervous for today was that 2 years ago today I started bleeding while 11 weeks along in a pregnancy...it was also Mother's Day that year. The next day I went in to see my midwife for a regular check up. Tom and I brought Brady with (1 year old), so he could be apart of the experience. Well, Susan could not find the heartbeat but encouraged me to be optimistic since many times it can be hard to find it at this time. So she orderd an ultrasound. We were sooooo nervous. The tech did not say anything about what was on the screen, but we laughed about being pregnant and how after your first pregnancy, it seems like you get bigger sooner with the subsequent ones.

Then we went back up to the clinic, and waited. I had to pee super bad, so I went to the bathroom, and when I came back in the room. Susan was there.

And she said, "Sorry honey, there's no baby."

I immediately started to cry...no....sob. Tom was too, but trying very hard not to bawl as I was. Brady wanted his mommy, and I still was at a loss for words. Susan hugged me and said it was going to be ok, and I thought, "How?"

We left, but when through a different door, because, one of my many Aunts who work at the Medical Center in town, was working the receptionist desk in that clinic, and I couldn't bare to say the words yet.

5 days later, I officially lost the baby. I was walking with my son over to my in-laws. When I got there I just felt really funny, because I had been bleeding horribly bad that day. I asked my mother-in-law to watch Brady for a minute, I had to go home. I made it to the bathroom and as soon as I sat down, (don't continue reading if you don't like details)......

but the sac and placenta, it all came out. I had no idea what to do! I was not flushing it. That was my baby that had been forming in there. And actually, to be more detailed, I did not let what was coming out of me go in the toilet, I caught it with my hand. This was a very traumatic moment in my life. I sat there, by myself, in the bathroom, with literally, my baby that stopped growing in my hands. To clarify, I could not see if there was a baby, it would have obviously been super small, and non-identifiable because my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I'll never forget how I felt. I put it in a small box and immediately called my midwife. See, another thing was, that I did not know what to expect from a miscarriage. I thought I would just bleed and bleed and bleed and then that was it.

I could not get a hold of her, but she was going to call back. So I called Tom, and then he called his mom to ask her if she would just watch Brady till he got home. I didn't know what to do so I started cooking supper, still crying. All of a sudden I had that weird urge again to like push, so I went back to the bathroom and there was more. I just didn't get what was happening. I felt like this was not happening to me. This was one of the saddest days of my life. And today, 2 years later, my son is 3 years old, and Halloran, whose pregnancy helped heal my wounds, is now 1 year. And with my new challenge of thinking positively, I can only think these thoughts:

"An angel in the book of life wrote down our baby's birth, and whispered as she closed the book...'too beautiful for earth'"-- Author Unknown

"Anyone can make a baby, it takes someone very special to make an angel."-- Author Unknown


So, instead of grieving for my loss then, I smile and thank God for the gifts I have already received and for the blessings in my life, especially, being a mother.

Comments

Jill said…
That was a really touching story. One that is very personal..thanks for sharing with us.
Ehlan said…
Wow, Megan. Thank you for sharing your story. It is such a scary, and unfortunately, all too common thing for women to go through. It is encouraging to hear how you handled it and are feeling about it now. You are an amazing woman!
Miss said…
I had no idea you had a miscarriage. I almost started crying when Iread it. Thank you for sharing...I cant wait to meet your baby! =)

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a