Skip to main content

Diet Coke, Coffee, and Candy

With trying to eat better, and remembering I am not perfect, I have tried to cut back on many different things. I wanted to start weeding out the things that I tend to eat or drink the most of during an average week. I have stopped drinking coffee for about 4 weeks now! I know coffee is not like drop dead terrible for you, but I wanted to replace it with something that offered something more than just caffeine to my system, so I switched back to tea, which thankfully I enjoy as well.
I used to drink one diet coke a day, and sometimes two on the weekends. I have now dropped that to once a week. I once went 46 days without a diet coke, so I know I can wean completely off of it, but I wanted to take it slow, I mean come on, let's not go crazy all at once right? Ha ha!
And then there is candy, sweet, delicious, sugar induced coma....candy. I think, at least nearly every day, I probably consumed some type of candy each day. I can safely say that I have drastically cut back on the candy and goodies to about twice a week.
How am I accomplishing this? Simple. I try to read a few pages out of the Gerson Therapy to scare the living crap out of me, so that I will eat healthier. That's how! 
I recently just joined a local Fruit/Organic/Food Co-op. I am extremely excited to try it out. For instance since I am juicing more, I can buy about 20 lbs of organic apples for 20 bucks. You would be amazed how quickly you will go through produce when you juice and that is an awesome deal on organic apples. I hear that in the summer the prices get better while the fruit is in season.
Some day, I hope to really be eating even more healthy than I am now. It keeps surprising me how difficult it is to achieve what should seem to be a much easier task than it really is, but I hope to get there soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There are two kinds of people: Part Two - The non-movers

Coffee cup in one hand, veggie/fruit smoothie in the other. No seriously, that's what I have on each side of me as I write. I'm smiling because of how funny this is, as it seems to also relate to this conundrum of a topic before us. There are two kinds of people, and there are definitely two kinds of beverages.  My caffeinated beverage on my left brings me a one sided joy that I cannot even begin to detail. I love my coffee. And I really do think it loves me back. At least for a while. As I peer out of the corner of my eye to the right, I see the greenish grainy drink to my right. Today the fennel seeds in it do not make it seem as dirty  I mean, like I just gathered them from the dirt without rinsing and sprinkled them in there kind of dirty. Maybe it was the splash of OJ I decided to add to it this morning. Now, I know that this drink loves me. It is good for many aspects of my life. Health, energy, sustenance, power. But I do not enjoy it as much. When I make my coffee

Still here...Day Two.

Well, I still miss my kids horribly. Especially this morning when I heard that Shelby was up alot during the night. She has not been up in the middle of the night in 3 weeks, and it made me feel guilty for leaving her. I felt and feel, like I should be home with them. I know the woman who is watching them, that if she hears even the slightest little peep out of the kids would go rushing in to their room. I really don't want Shelby to get used to someone picking her up in the middle of the night for little rustles and sighs. But maybe I am just anxious, and maybe it is not really that big of a deal. Maybe I should just enjoy my time with my thoughts, my books and my husband. But honestly, I am anxious because I feel like the can't live with out me (don't laugh, besides I know it's over dramatic:)), I haven't even attempted to pick up one of my books, and my husband is driving me nuts because it does not bother him one bit that we are 3 hours away from our little bund

Who did we welcome home TODAY????

Shelby Capri Bergman 6 lbs. 5 oz. , 19.5 inches long May 30th, 2008 10:52 pm I just want you all to know that everything went picture perfect. She's beautiful, she's healthy and she's very content. I don't have a ton of pictures yet, my mom took pictures during delivery and I took some today when we got home, but since we don't have internet at home now, it will be slow coming! I had my membranes stripped at 9:45 am on Friday. Afterwards, Tom and I went to Walmart, Applebees's, my sister's classroom to help move some stuff (I supervised... I was a little sore), and then home. I took a nap and Tom started getting ready for supper. His 4 hour long, grilled ribs...and that is how the story begins! So we keep joking that I am going to go during his first trial run with the ribs. This starts at around 3:30 pm. Then, we run out of propane and start all over a